This past year I have been getting busier and the amount of work that I have, has more then doubled. I needed to come up with a solution that would allow me to manage my daily tasks of running a web business and
having to be at multiple places.
Here are some of the problems that I ran into:
- Needed to answer business emails on the go
- Needed access to all of my clients files on the go
- Internet goes down at home and I still needed to meet a deadline
- Needed a clients name and address while I was at the post office
- Needed a secure storage solution for Passwords
- Needed access to my notes where ever I go, making the notes actually usable.
- Wanted to be able to search through my notes (It would be nice to search through PDF’s and images)
- Needed Automatic file backup in case of hard drive failure
- Wanted an easy way to backup photos taken on my phone during a meeting
- Needed to access my chat logs from multiple computers and iPhone
- Needed to access to thousands of bookmarks on any browser and my iPhone
- Needed to track time spent on a project from multiple computers and iPhone
- Wanted to view a website that’s on my computer, on my iPhone with limited effort. And Vice Versa
- Needed to make a To Do task/checklist when an idea or task is mentioned or comes to mind
- Needed to send files to a client while out of the office
- Wanted a business phone number that I can use with any phone
The list is pretty big as you can see and these are only the tip of the ice berg of the things I needed. Basically it came down to; I need to have everything with me, wherever I go, all of the time.
After I did some research and plenty of testing(nearly 6 months and hundreds of tools) with trial and errors I came to use the following tools which allow me to work from anywhere.
I’ve been using most of these tools now for over 6 months and it has dramatically reduced my stress and increased productivity. I can’t imagine what it would be like if I didn’t have these tools, but I am always
looking for tools to help streamline my work flow.
If you have a tool(s) that you find useful please feel free to share it so that others who read this can choose the tool(s) that works for them.