Do you feel naked when you forget your phone?
Currently broadcast warnings come through radio and TV, and this is helpful in case of an emergency, but I believe that we should start including text messages as a modern warning method.
Reasons why broadcast warnings should include text messaging:
- People carry their cell phones with them, usually in their pocket or purse
- 91% of Americans have cell phone
- 5 billion people have cell phones in the world
- 88% of teen cell phone usage is text messaging
- If the power goes out, your cell phone will still have power (if charged)
- More direct information can be shared
- If the warning is of a bomber or terrorist, then the people can get information quietly
Would you want to receive broadcast warnings on your phone?
Photo by: another.point.in.time